Take a guided nighttime walking tour with veteran bartenders to learn the history of Big Apple drinking establishments and where the best secret spots are today. Drinks are not included in the cost of the ticket.
Learn the ways of dive bar culture. You’ll come away with knowledge about the best local hops, top mixed drinks, and how bartenders can make a saloon come alive. The dive bar is a welcoming oasis of good fun: As Toby Keith sings:
I love this bar
It’s my kind of place
Just walkin’ through the front door
Puts a big smile on my face
This tour is limited to 12 attendees, which means you’ll get more attention from the guides. It’s the ideal way to discover and learn about the city’s dive bar culture. There is something for everyone, from locals to visitors.
• 2.5-hour evening bar walking tour in the East Village;
• Visit establishments that have been open since before you were born;
• Learn from bartenders the behind-the-scenes ways of bars;
• Pickup tips on bartending and making drinks fast;
• Explore one of Manhattan’s most exciting neighborhoods;
• Take photos inside and outside of tour spots;
• Small group limited to 12 ensures personal attention;
• Discover the secret dive bars and saloons in the city;
• Learn about the East Village’s colorful history, from the Beat poets to the Ramones.
About the Guides
Kevin Fitzpatrick is the author of Under the Table: A Dorothy Parker Cocktail Guide. He has been leading bar tours since 1995. Joining him will be a veteran dive bar bartender with more than 15 years experience behind the stick, possessing a wealth of bar knowledge, stories, and dirty jokes.
• Advance booking is required, no exceptions;
• Minimum age is 21 years (gov’t photo ID required);
• Dress code is casual;
• Attendees should be comfortable with salty language;