Visit three famous Manhattan dive bars in one night on a history-packed tour. Have an expert New Yorker show you the Big Apple’s famous bars where you enjoy drink specials and hours of fun. Visit multiple bars in one night of good times.
You’re invited to explore New York’s dive bar scene with an expert guide who will show you where the best spots are for cheap drinks where the locals hangout. There are around 10,000 licensed bars in the city and this tour will open the doors on some of the best ones. Learn the history of East Village drinking establishments and where the best secret spots are today.
Learn the ways of dive bar culture. You’ll come away with knowledge about the best local hops, top mixed drinks, and how bartenders can make a saloon come alive. The dive bar is a welcoming oasis of good fun.
This tour is limited to 12 attendees, which means you’ll get more attention from the guide. It’s the ideal way to discover and learn about the city’s dive bar culture. There is something for everyone, from locals to visitors.
What You Will Do:
• Follow a friendly guide to classic bars in Manhattan for a memorable nightlife experience;
• Drink your fill of specials to quench your thirst as you soak up the city’s famous atmosphere;
• Travel with a fun guide, who knows where to go and the history of the area;
• Experience New York’s most fun bars without having to worry about getting lost;
• 3-hour evening bar walking tour in the East Village;
• Visit establishments that have been open since before you were born;
• Explore one of Manhattan’s most exciting neighborhoods;
• Take photos inside and outside of tour spots;
• Discover the secret dive bars and saloons in the city;
• Learn about the East Village’s colorful history, from the Beat poets to the Ramones.
• Guided walking tour;
• Complimentary alcoholic & non alcoholic beverage at start;
• Admission to three venues;
• Drink specials and/or free drinks;
• Party photographs
What is Not Included:
• Guide gratuity;
• Drinks inside the bars;
• Gratuity for drinks;
• Transportation to tour;
• Transportation after tour.
The meeting point is a famous landmark bar; the address will be sent upon ticket purchase. Arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled start time.
• Guests must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must have valid identification such as a state issued drivers license, passport, or military ID.
• Dress code is neat casual. No sports jerseys or MAGA caps permitted.
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
• Gratuities are not included but always appreciated.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How much walking is there?
About 1 mile (20 blocks).
What should I bring?
• Government issued ID.
• Extra cash as we end the tour where food and drinks may be purchased.
Does the tour start and end at the same place?
No. The guide will direct you to your next destination.
What is the closet subway station?
The closest subway stations are Bleecker Street/Lafayette Street station (B/D/F/M and 6 trains). Five minutes walk to meeting point.
Where do I meet the guide?
The meeting point is a famous landmark bar; the address will be sent upon ticket purchase.
Do we go inside any buildings?
Yes. We tour inside buildings open to the public.
What should I wear?
Dress smart casual, with comfortable walking shoes.
What about inclement weather?
The tour operates rain or shine, snow, or heat. In the case of severe weather forecast, you will receive an email from Big Apple Fanatics Tours 24 hours before the tour begins.
Can I book a private tour for myself and friends?
Yes! Private tours are available when no public tours are scheduled. Contact us to arrange a charter tour for two ore more people.
I have more questions!